Friday, July 15, 2011

The Justice Beaver

Well I have just been not a very good blogger of late, and for that, I kinda apologize. I don't have a decent excuse except that I've been really busy. I tried to write a blog last week, but I was really pissed off about a lot of things, so I decided to chill out for a bit and let life play out. And you know, that actually worked out pretty alright. I hope you all are enjoying your Summer as it slowly dwindles down to nothing, mine has been interesting to say the least. I suppose I really can't put off talking about it anymore, so here we go. (But first, listen to this SR song that Pandora just threw at me, fucking awesome)

So, I really don't want to get into specifics 'cause that's not my thing to call out anyone here on the internet, but I had some pretty solid plans  for the 3rd and 4th of July, and was actually really excited about them. Well, I was excited up until I got fucking blown off, and left to fend for myself for the weekend. In true Chris Daly fashion, I overreacted like a champ. I can admit this now, but at the time, I didn't really see much wrong with it. However, I did overreact. But, regardless, I was fucked over hardcore, and this isn't the first time that something like that, or this exact scenario, has happened to me.

But you know what, life goes on. And there's no use focusing on what has happened or what will happen, because you're gonna miss what's happening. And there are some pretty fucking awesome things happening in my life. Like fucking unicorn glitter explosion awesome. So, I'm actually pretty happy right now, and I'm living in the moment, enjoying every second of it, and finally being me. Before I continue, I want everyone to be aware how much Ke$ha looks like John Travolta.
It's fucking uncanny.

 I just thought everyone should know that. Through all of this, I've really learned some lessons that have helped me seriously grow into someone that I actually can stand being. I spent forever beating a dead horse, which was no good. And once that got boring, I kept doing the same thing over and over again, even though I knew it was useless. ha. But I tried to make a relationship work when clearly, it was no good for me, because I thought I could make it work, or make her happy. But it just wasn't going to work, and it took me too long to realize that sometimes you just have to take a chance and break free, even if you have no net to fall on. And I really couldn't be happier. Things certainly are different, and I have no idea what's next, but right now I'm just working on me and working on the present. And that's my advice to anyone out there.

And that's that. Moving on to something totally unrelated,  the end of an era has come upon me, and I'm actually pretty sad about it. I found out today that my beloved/hated store, Bass, has about a week left to live. Which could potentially mean that I have about a week left of a job. Now, this wasn't really a surprise, as we all new the end was coming, but it's certainly a shock to have a date and know that we're out next Sunday.  I was walking around the store today, and I have to admit, as much as I bitch about it, and hate it, I will miss a lot of things about that place. I grew up there. Sadly enough, I started working there when I was 16. I'm 22 now. That's such a major time in a teenage-adult transformation, and I spent half my time in that store.

So yeah, I'm pretty sad to see it go, but again, it's happening, and there's really nothing I can do about but just let it happen and see what new shit this brings into my life. I'm hopeful. That's pretty much all I have in me for tonight, maybe I'll be more regular. I'm installing internet at my apartment tomorrow, so that should definitely help with my frequency...pun kind of intended. Oh, speaking of my apartment, look at this little snippet of fabulous redecorating we've been doing. It's the manliest of man now.
Yeah that's right. I'll decorate your home or office too.

Until next time everyone, you stay fucking classy, and enjoy some John Butler Trio.

0 comments:

Post a Comment