Thursday, May 19, 2011

Like A Boss

I feel like I owe you all a legitimate blog to make up for the epic bitchfest that was my last one. So, since I love you all so much, that's what you'll get. Actually, I was inspired to write based on the epic rantings of Matt, who just wrote a great blog that you all should check out. Other sidenotes, the Red Sox are on a streak right now, and I couldn't be happier, however, if you've been following my blog, you know that that means I am a clean shaven man. So here you go, the end of the Sox Beard:

 It's like being a whole different person without my face sweater.

So that's that. For those who are wondering, there you go, that's what I'd look like if I was a 10 year old child. But on to some other things. First off, I suppose my whining the other night was a little over the top. Shit sucks sometimes, and I can be an over-dramatic bitch. Deal with it. But still, life's not that bad, and shit doesn't suck that much, so I suppose my bitching was a little uncalled for. 

Like I said, things really aren't that bad. I'm pretty happy, and keeping my newly found butt-chin up (Seriously, I didn't even know what my face looked like under there). Anyways, something else that has been on my mind of late is graduation and moving on. Now, I'm a little slow, and I'm doing things my way, so I'm in college another year while a great number of my friends are moving on to the real world. I'd like to take a quick minute here to congratulate all of you on your accomplishments, and I wish you all the best of luck in the scary real world. Hopefully our paths will cross again, or not.

With everyone moving on, it makes me think about what I actually want to do with my life, and that is some scary stuff. I really have no idea what I want to do. I'm in love with my major right now, and that's making it hard for me to choose. Do I go into radio? Do I go to TV? Do I make movies? Do I do PR? So many choices, and so little time. I've done some awesome stuff as a Comm major, and met some seriously awesome people. But I still feel that I'm so far away from figuring out what I actually want to do. All I do know is...

I do not want to be stuck at Bass for the rest of my life. Coming home for the Summer brings with it some awesome things, I get to see my old friends, eat my parents food, and drive 5 minutes to work instead of 40, however, I work a lot. Which means I have to deal with the bullshit of work, customers, and of course, the lovely people who I work with. Now, I'm a pretty chill guy at this establishment. I'm the manager who gets shit done, but in a way that isn't really overbearing or filled with pressure. So, I'm fairly laid back and easy going. However, I cannot stand when that is taken advantage of.

One disadvantage of being 22 and a manager is that a great majority of the people who I am in charge of are older than me. And not by small amounts. So I have to bust my ass to get a little respect. This is a littly ranty, but I've been dealing with some bullshit from people for the past few months, and I'm sick of it. But you know what, ain't nothin' gonna break my stride. I'm keeping this positive attitude, so fuck the haters.

On the topic of work, I cannot stand people. Just because I work at a shoe store does not make me your personal shopper bitch for the day, nor does it give you the right to talk down to me. Look, I'm sorry we have like no wide shoes for your flippers, but that's not a reason to get pissy. Another thing. In what twisted world did we agree that the customer is always right? Fuck that noise. I work here, I know the policies and rules, chances are, I'm right. Gotta love retail.

That's all I got for tonight. I've already bombarded you with links in here, but I'm not above leaving a song for you to check out and enjoy. So enjoy, and I promise I'll get around to the 30 day photo challenge. This week, you have my word. All my love.


0 comments:

Post a Comment