Monday, May 16, 2011

You Can't Always Get What You Want

So it's 1AM on a Sunday night, or rather, a Monday morning at this point. I hardly ever write this late at night, usually because I'm trying to sleep or I'm trashed, but I have a few things on my mind that I need to spill out into the world. Up until now, things were actually looking up for me, and everything was happy and fun. However, recently, the proverbial shit hit the fan, and I'm left pissed off again. So that's why I'm here, writing to you all. Not really to complain, I just gotta get this stuff out though.

I've gone through a lot of shit the past few months. It's crazy to think that I've spent half a year trying to figure shit out, and I'm pretty much back in square one. It's strange to come full circle like this, but I've certainly learned a lot of things that will stay with me throughout all of this. I've learned to think about my actions before jumping into them, for one. My impulse, must-have-now, decision making has gotten me into trouble, and caused me a lot of hurt and simply put, bad decisions over the past months, and that's one thing that I'm really trying to work on as a person going forward.

This whole thing has shown me who really matters in the long run. There are some people who will stand by you no matter what, and there are those who come from nowhere and stick it out to be someone you can really count on. And then there are those who when things turn sour, they're nowhere to be found. Or they have nothing but condescending thoughts for you. There are so many people in this world, and surrounding yourself with negative people will get you nowhere.

I'm not trying to be a bummer in this post, and I know it's ironic that I just wrote a humorous rant, and here I am bitching again. But really, I want to try and stay positive. There's no need to bring negative energy into my life, and if I'm still following the philosophy behind "The Secret", I need to attract positive energy. There are a lot of positive people in my life, and I thank you guys so much for being there. For the people who are throwing negative energy at me, I issue you a big Cee Lo Green "Fuck You".

I really don't have much else to say at this late hour, other than I'm upset, but getting through it. Shit sucks, but there's no use being down. So here's to keeping my head up, and starting something new and awesome. Because awesome is what I'm all about. A great man once said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need", and man, was he right. Rock on, loves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment