Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun Fun Fun

I really did mean to have this in sooner, I even wrote the whole bitchy part first, and got all the way down to saving a picture to my computer to upload it for the photo thing, and would ya know it, I shut my computer and it didn't save any of it. So, I've been frustrated with blogspot for the past day and a half, and also really fucking busy. I guess I'll just go at it again, on this lovely Friday evening.

This has actually been a really great week. I've had a pretty solid smile going on almost this whole week, and it's FridayFridayFriday, which is awesome. I'm pretty happy where I'm at right now with everything, and I think things are looking up for me and my world. I had another revelation through quotes this week. On Monday, in my Public Speaking course, we were asked to draw a random quote and give an impromptu speech on it. Mine, of course, was from Sex and the City. It went something like this:

"That's the key to having it all; you have to stop expecting it to look like what you thought it was going to look like"

That's not ver badum, but oh well. That quote didn't really ring true to me until I took some time to think about it. This whole time I have had these expectations as to what was supposed to be happening in my life, and what the world should be for me to be happy. Somewhere along the line, I just forgot to live. I need to take a step back and just let things happen. There's so much out there, and for me to dwell on my expectations, I may miss something that is right under my nose. So here's to letting it be, and being me, and for rhyming sake, Chris Daly. Lock up your fucking daugthers.

I've been putting off doing this photo thing for a bit now. For one, I've had a lot of other stuff to say about things in my life that I've deemed more important. And for two, I found this one to be really hard to just pick something. So naturally, I couldn't and didn't pick just one thing.

Here we go.

Day Fourteen
A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
My friends.
I know they're not all pictured here, and I'm sorry for that. Maybe we'll all have to have one big hang out in the future. (I hear a toga party at 622 is in the works). But, honestly, I couldn't imagine my life without my friends.

All of you (and yes, I'm speaking to you as if you all read this) have been there for me in some form at some time when I needed you, and you've all really stepped it up for me. I love my friends. I have so much fucking fun with them, and I really can't just pick one person that I couldn't imagine my life without.

I can't list all of you here and your individual accomplishments in my life, that would be the longest blog ever, and no one wants to read it. But your acts don't go unnoticed. So, basically, you guys rock, and continue to rock, and I really wouldn't want to go a day without any of you in my life.
Here's some Queen to play us out, but first, a haiku.

As Snoop Dogg did once say
"When the pimp's in the crib ma,
Drop it like it's hot."

Peace out, bitches.




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment