Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Like Your Beard

Why hello there world. I feel like you deserve more frequent postings, so that you shall get (for now). I've found time today in my busy life between playing Madden, watching YouTube videos (seriously, Jake and Amir is like crack), and playing Words with Friends (play me, you'll probably destroy me: ChristDaly) to give you all a little glimpse at what has been going on in my wonderful life.

Life has been pretty decent this week. It wasn't the blockbuster week that I expected, but I got a lot of shit done. Next week should be interesting, with me roommateless in the apartment, and only a few finals to keep me from spending the whole week drunk and fun. But let's see, what else is going on. Not a whole lot.

I got some interesting reactions to my last post regarding The Secret. Not so much interesting in nature, just interesting to me. A few of my closest friends who read this had told me that they think that is just what I need to set my life straight at this point. Positive thinking. And of course, there were those who thought the whole thing is a load of shit. Like I said, not that interesting, it basically mirrors the criticism that the book/movie relieved. However, it's interesting to me, so fuck you.

I hate to harp on one issue, but the concept still really intrigues me. The idea that just thinking positively will get me what I want. (maybe I should have thought more positively about the structure of that sentence...). It's just fascinating shit. And it's not that hard in practice. I've been keeping a smile on my face and an optimistic attitude about everything, and it all seems to be falling into place. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch here, but things do seem to be looking up.

Let's see, what else do I have to say today....My Red Sox beard is getting pretty manly right now. For those of you who don't know, I've been growing out my beard since the Sox season started, and have vowed not to cut it until they have a winning record. I fit in with all of the hockey fans and their playoff beards, except I don't give a shit about hockey. For your general amusement, here is the Sox Beard as of this morning:

I don't know whether or not I want the Sox to even try at this point...
 

So anyways, aside from The Secret and my beard, things are going just dandy. I'm at a good place right now, and I think I'm making the right decisions when it comes to the choices that are being presented to me. I had my last class of my first senior year today, which was kind of exciting. Tomorrow I have to present my PR work in front of an audience, but I'm gonna look super fly, so it's all good. If you're lucky I'll post pics.

Anyways, let's get this photo thing over with.

Day Seventeen:
A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

 
You! This whole blog thing has really had a significant impact on my life the past few months, and I'm really enjoying it. At first it was a chore to think of something to write about, and now it feels like I'm having a conversation with you guys (my imaginary audience) and I'm loving every second of it.

So yeah, this blog really has had a great impact on my life lately, and I can't wait to do more of it, and keep going. I really think it's fun and healthy, and I love it. So thanks everyone for reading and making me smile and letting me get everything off my chest to you. I know this is a very meta answer, posting about my blog on my blog, but hey, if the shoe fits. (LIKE A BASS).

I shall leave you, as I often do, with a song. Peace out, girl scouts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment