Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let It Go

Dear god it is early in the morning. I am not an 8am kinda guy, much more of a noon person. But hey, I have to get this education thing done, and apparently I'm a masochist, because I chose to take biology at such an outrageous hour.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and soul searching lately, and I guess I've come to some conclusions. Well, not so much conclusions, more revelations. I was listening to the Zac Brown Band the other day - which is totally a guilty pleasure of mine as I can't usually stand country music - and his song "Let It Go" came on. The chorus goes something like this:

"And know you're not the only ship out on the ocean
Save your strength for things that you can change
Forgive the ones you can't
You gotta let 'em go"
  I'm a very musical person, and I take solace in music, especially when I'm down. This song just happened to catch my ear the other night, and I could not relate more with the lyrics at the time. I'm spending a lot of my effort in life right now trying to change something that I really have no control over. It's seriously taking a toll on who I am, and what I'm trying to be. But it's something I can't change.
But I'm not mad about it. I am certainly disappointed, and a little hurt, but like I said, it's something I can't change, something I have no control over. So, I have to forgive what I can't change, and let it go. I'm not saying that I quit, I'm not a quitter, but I need to learn how to let go. Like Zac Brown said, I'm not the only ship out on the ocean, and I suppose lately I've been acting like I am. There are a lot of people in my life whom I'm thankful for, and there are a ton of people out there who I haven't even given a chance, and I suppose that's due to my inability to let the past go.
So, here I go. I guess this is more or less a start to a new chapter in my life, learning to let it go. As a writer, I have the poetic license to go back on my word, but that just wouldn't be fair. So look out bitches, here I am.
Christ that was a good rant, now here's some picture shit.  Day ThirteenA picture of your favorite band or artist
   Anyone who knows me at all knows that State Radio is by far my favorite band. Simply put, I love these guys.
I first stumbled upon their music in 2008, when they opened for Third Eye Blind. Truthfully, I'd never heard of them before that, and I only knew a few songs from Dispatch, Chad's other band. However, once I saw them, I was hooked. I've now seen State Radio upwards of 25 times live, and the guys in the band have become more than just people I look up to and admire, we've become friends. 
I could listen to these guys for days, but it's not just the music that gets me. Their dedication to service inspires me, and gets me involved in things I normally wouldn't be involved with. Over the years, I've become more involved with thier non-profit organization, Calling All Crows, and I feel that it's made me a better person.
To get to the point, State Radio is by far my favorite band for millions of reasons. Check them out. Do it do it do it.
PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment